Call for Papers: Streaming Media in Entertainment at the 55th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences
It is a pleasure to announce that the Minitrack on Streaming Media in Entertainment will be held for the fourth time at the 55th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2022. We cordially invite you to submit a research paper on live streaming services and join us on the beautiful island of Maui in January 2022!
For our Minitrack on Streaming Media in Entertainment (part of the track: Digital and Social Media) we are looking for theoretical or empirical papers on the consumption and production of synchronous (live streamed content) and asynchronous (pre-recorded or on demand content) streaming media, by private individuals (e.g., YouTubers, streamers) or corporate entities (e.g., Netflix, HBO).
This minitrack accepts submissions including (but not limited to) the following topics:
- Information/content production and/or consumption behavior on streaming services
- User participation and engagement on social streaming services (e.g., chatting, giving “hearts,” commenting, donating)
- Multichannel behavior
- Social and community behavior on streaming services (e.g., parasocial interaction and relationships)
- The economy of streaming services and individual streamers
- Professionalized and commercial strategies of streamers (e.g., influencers and micro‐celebrities)
- Business models and the economy of streaming services
- Consumer behavior
- Streaming e-commerce
- Streaming technology and development
- The role of streaming services in the dissemination of news and information (also misinformation)
- Legal aspects of streaming (e.g., copyright or personality rights violations)
- Organizational and institutional utilization of streaming
- Streaming services and media in education and academia
Guide for authors
The submission deadline is June 15th, 2021. Submitted papers will undergo a blind review by at least three referees and the minitrack chairs. The submission must contain original material and may not be previously published or currently submitted elsewhere. The format requirements, the submission system (opens on April, 15th) and further information for authors can be accessed at: https://hicss.hawaii.edu/authors/.
April 15, 2021: Paper submission begins
June 15, 2021: Paper submission deadline (11:59 P.M. HST)
August 17, 2021: Notification of acceptance/rejection
September 22, 2021: Deadline for authors to submit final manuscript for publication
October 1, 2021: Deadline for at least one author for each paper to register for the conference
If you have any further questions do not hesitate to contact the Minitrack Chairs:
Franziska Zimmer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Katrin Scheibe (email@example.com)
Maria Törhönen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Juho Hamari (email@example.com)
We are looking forward to your submission!