EU-MATHS-IN.eu aims to leverage the impact of mathematics on innovations in key technologies by enhanced communication and information exchange between and among the involved stakeholders on a European level. It shall become a dedicated one-stop shop to coordinate and facilitate the required exchanges in the field of application-driven mathematical research and its exploitation for innovations in industry, science and society. For this it shall build an e-infrastructure that provides tailored access to information and facilitates communication and exchange by player-specific sets of services. It will act as facilitator, translator, educator and link between and among the various players and their communities in Europe.
- European Consortium for Mathematics in Industry (ECMI)
- European Mathematical Society (EMS), Applied Mathematics Committee
- The International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
More specifically, EU-MATHS-IN pursues the following long-term goals:
- Establish strategic connections among the national networks and centers working in the field of industrial mathematics and mathematics for innovation;
- Create a European service unit that can foster the competitive advantage of the European industry through international cooperation;
- Promote the technological aspects of mathematics raising public awareness;
- Stimulate the cooperation at European level of mathematical research with companies and administrations;
- Establish a one-stop-shop at European level for industrial users of mathematical scientific research results;
- Provide European industry, in particular SMEs, with a competitive advantage taking profit of the scientific excellence of the continent (give Europe the possibility to cash a “scientific dividend”);
- Acquire funding for the performance of activities that serve the realisation of the Foundation’s aims.